A/N: Just like before, this character is just a made-up character who is there for the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus.
The previous story depicted what I think might have been going through the minds of some of Jesus' followers. Fear and perhaps a little doubt. This story depicts the miracle of the resurrection.
~~~~~~~~~~
He's Alive!
~~~~~~~~~~
I couldn't believe it when I heard. The stone has been rolled away from the tomb!
Some are saying Jesus' followers have taken the body, but I find that hard to believe. There were soldiers standing guard, how could they have possibly stolen Him away?
I have heard whispers and rumors among fellow believers that He has been seen. That He is no longer dead, but walking around and teaching again. From what I have heard, it was some women who discovered that the stone had been rolled away. The women certainly could not have stolen Him away, it would have taken a group of men to move that stone.
Three days ago, when I saw Him die on the cross, I allowed doubt to fill my mind. Momentary thoughts that perhaps His words weren't true after all. I couldn't understand how everlasting life could be offered by someone who was able to die. That very same day, I was inspired to taken a different opinion. As long as we let Him live in us, it did not matter that His body was not here. His Spirit would always be here.
Now, perhaps, I realize there is even more to it than that, if He is alive again, if He truly has conquered death. After all the miracles He performed before, I choose to believe that He most definitely can be resurrected. Only three days ago, I allowed myself to doubt the words He had spoken in His teaching. After realizing I was wrong to doubt, I know I will never make that mistake again. I do not doubt that another miracle has happened.
The tomb is empty, that is for certain. Some have claimed to see Him walking around. I want to see Him, too. No, I do not need to see Him to believe that it's true. I just want to hear Him speak again. His teaching was like no one had ever taught before. There is much truth to His words, and I would like to hear them again.
When the time is right, I know He will show Himself. He will not keep it a secret.
When that time comes, I will be ready.
No comments:
Post a Comment